- STICKY POST
- I'm done, close this
Enter Our Ultimate Summer Tech Giveaway!
That’s right - we are giving away a Summer Tech Package that includes a high-tech Fuego Element grill, Monster Superstar Backfloat waterproof speaker, and a mobile charging bank from iFrogz! Head on over to our giveaway page in order to enter. Good luck!
Monday May 9, 2011 1:26 pm
Top 10 Surprises in Thor
Have you seen the new Thor movie yet? And if not, why not?
Of the summer's four big comic book movies - Thor, Green Lantern, Captain America and X-Men: First Class – it's the one with the distinguished pedigree (Kenneth Branagh! Sir Anthony Hopkins! Natalie Portman!) and one of the least likely super-hero movies besides Ant-Man or Metamorpho.
Curiosity alone makes it worth $10.
Having said all that, there were still a number of things about Thor that surprised me. Here's my Top 10.
10. It's not just his hammer that's called Mjolnir
9. Cameo by Stan Lee Media
8. His real name is "Sore"; he has a speech impediment
7. Shout out to Kirby; that's Kirby Carruthers, the assistant lighting director
6. Natalie Portman should be in every movie. Just sayin'.
5. Climate change deniers insist Bifrost Bridge is not melting faster than Alaskan permafrost bridge
4. Sif is a Goddess, not an S.T.D.
3. Thor got his hammer from Abin Sur
2. Heimdall good at Heimlich
1. Up next? Thor 2: Warriors 3
[Artwork: Marvel Spotlight #30; one of the great Thor spin-off comics of the 1970s. Track it down. © Marvel Comics]
- Related Tags:
- abin sur, adaptation, captain america, comic book adaptations, comic book movies, green lantern, humor, kenneth branagh, marvel comics, mjolnir, movies, natalie portman, stan lee, thor, warriors three, x-men
© Gear Live Media, LLC. 2007 – User-posted content, unless source is quoted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Public Domain License. Gear Live graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, videos, articles, blogs, forums, scripts and other service names are the trademarks of Gear Live Inc.