Monday March 28, 2011 9:29 pm
Top 10 Rob Granito Excuses (Allegedly)
If you've been following the internets all week, you've heard about the alleged fraudster, Rob Granito, who's been passing off the artwork of others as his own and enhancing his credits to brag about work he hasn't done.
Rich Johnston at Bleeding Cool broke the story just before Rob showed up at Megacon to sell his alleged "work." When confronted by angry fans and artists, Rob naturally had a few alleged excuses. We've compiled the best ones below:
10. "I'm not swiping. I'm swipering."
9. "I worked at the DC Comics in my head."
8. "I'm no different than those French cartoonists like Manet and Money."
7. "Who's the internet and why is she angry at me?"
6. "Of course I'm legitomite. Just ask Joe Quesadilla!"
5. "I have a 4chan-a-day habit."
4. "Do you know how much it costs to make a living as a fraud?"
3. "Hergé told me it was okay when I was ghosting Asterisk."
2. "My assisterant did it while I was writting the sequel to Lordd of the Ringgs."
And the #1 Rob Granito excuse?
1. "See you at San Diegolo!"
[Artwork: Swiper, © Nickelodeon]
- Related Tags:
- artist fraud, bleeding cool, humor, rich johnston, rob granito, sidefeatured, top 10, top 10 list
© Gear Live Media, LLC. 2007 – User-posted content, unless source is quoted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Public Domain License. Gear Live graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, videos, articles, blogs, forums, scripts and other service names are the trademarks of Gear Live Inc.