Monday August 22, 2011 5:13 pm
Top 10 Changes In Superman Reboot
There are those in the industry who track these kinds of things who believe that DC Comics has been making significant changes to the Superman character over the years in a continuing effort to thwart claims by the estates of Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster about the character.
A good place to start with this story is at Comics Beat.
With DC’s newest relaunch/reboot/do-over of their universe this fall, they are making more changes to Superman, and it's not just his costume or his fresh L'il Abner look. A lot of the changes won't be clear until you actually read Action Comics #1, on sale September 7. I've read that first issue, and here are the Top Ten changes to Superman's mythology.
10. Able to leap Kim Kardashian’s butt in a single bound.
9. Fights for truth, justice and the Military/Industrial Complex’s way.
8. Bottle City of Kandahar.
7. Planet Krypton replaced by Planet Molybdenum
6. Krypto’s a rescue dog from Michael Vick’s backyard.
5. Ma Kent now a Thai ladyboy (It is a Grant Morrison story, after all)
4. Superman’s New Dominionist Villain: Lex Lutheran
3. Jimmy Olsen is big brother to Mary-Kate and Ashley
2. Lois Lane + Lana Lang = Lesbian Lovers
And the #1 change in the new Superman reboot:
1. Goodbye Yellow Sun - Superman now gets his powers from Big Oil
[Artwork: Cover to Action Comics #1 by Rags Morales, © DC Comics]
© Gear Live Media, LLC. 2007 – User-posted content, unless source is quoted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Public Domain License. Gear Live graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, videos, articles, blogs, forums, scripts and other service names are the trademarks of Gear Live Inc.