- STICKY POST
- I'm done, close this
Check out our 2013 Holiday Gift Guide, win some awesome gadgets!
Our 2013 Holiday Gift Guide is in full swing - we are adding our recommendations daily, aimed at men, women, teens, families, techies, and more. If you need help figuring out what to get the people in your life, head on over to our Guide for some ideas. We’ll even be giving away some of the items featured this year!
Friday August 19, 2011 7:17 pm
Top 10 Changes In Planet Of The Apes
As everyone knows by now, 20th Century Fox has rebooted their nearly-50-year-old Planet Of The Apes franchise with a brand new movie: Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes.
It monkeys around with Ape continuity, and while respectful to a lot of the original Ape lore, the movie does make some changes to modernize it for a contemporary audience.
We’ve put together a list of the Top 10 of those changes.
10. Sacred Scrolls now on iPad
9. Forbidden Zone is the name of a strip club
8. Hasslein’s Curve used to measure Freida Pinto
7. Ape City demands concessions from unions
6. Apes make a human doll that talks, then sell on Etsy
5. Big Farm Product Placement: Cornelius now called Corn Syrup
4. The Lawgiver joined by Lawtaker-Awayer
3. Fox Tie-In Synergy: Statue of Liberty replaced by statue of Yoda
2. New dialogue: “Take your stinking paws off me, you damned dirty Serkis!”
And the #1 change in Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes:
1. Rise of apes caused by tax breaks for the rich
[Artwork: Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes © 20th Century Fox]
- Related Tags:
- andy serkis, freida pinto, humor, movies, planet of the apes, reboots, remakes, top 10
© Gear Live Media, LLC. 2007 – User-posted content, unless source is quoted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Public Domain License. Gear Live graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, videos, articles, blogs, forums, scripts and other service names are the trademarks of Gear Live Inc.