Friday December 31, 2010 12:21 pm
My New Year’s Resolutions For 2011
I don’t like NYR’s for the simple reason that I never keep them. Lose weight, eat healthier, start smoking just so I can fail at quitting.
But this year, well, this year, I’m sure to keep some of these resolutions. Won’t you join me?
10. I will read many more webcomics, bookmark them and recommend them.
9. I won’t buy a Marvel or DC comic at a price point greater than $2.99.
8. But yet I will buy all the hardcovers from The Library of American Comics.
7. Read even more independent comics. I think that’s where the real interesting stuff is and has always been.
6. I will download more comics to my iPad. I’ll pay for them, too.
5. Figure out which movie will make less money: Green Lantern or Thor.
4. I will not see Spider-Man: Turn Off The Dark on Broadway under any circumstances. I’ll wait for the touring company version with Mario Lopez, Mischa Barton and Nathan Lane.
3. Plan my "Last Season of Smallville" party.
2. Comic Con International: Less Bitching, More Enjoying. Oh, wait, I’m sorry - that should be your resolution.
1. And finally, I will finish my own damn comic book. That's right, I've got one. Or more.
Those are mine. Good luck with yours!
Happy New Year!
[Artwork: The Disney Afternoon © Disney]
- Related Tags:
- comic con international, dc, digital comics, disney, disney afternoon, green lantern, humor, ipad, library of american comics, marvel, new years, smallville, spiderman turn off the dark, thor, web comics, webcomics
© Gear Live Media, LLC. 2007 – User-posted content, unless source is quoted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Public Domain License. Gear Live graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, videos, articles, blogs, forums, scripts and other service names are the trademarks of Gear Live Inc.