Sunday June 5, 2011 12:39 pm
DC’s New Reboot: Top 10 Comments
Reboot, relaunch, retcon.
The comics industry is full of fun words that mean the same thing: sales tool.
It's a great strategy because I think we all know hundreds of fans that have been avoiding comic books because of how high the issue #'s are.
And as part of the same announcement, DC's switching to same day digital release of their printed comics, so I don't have to rush to the comic book store.
Naturally, everyone's talking about this bold move and not just on Twitter and Facebook. Here's a rundown of the Top 10 Things That People Are Saying about DC's new initiatives:
10. Finally! A reboot that changes everything forever! ZOMG!
9. Now I can bitch about DC's titles on the same device I read them on!
8. Old fans angry; new fans non-existent
7. Good news: 52 new #1's! Also, bad news
6. Fingers crossed: One more Metamorpho relaunch?
5. Ultra The Multi-Alien Cosplayers
4. This is sure to increase the value of my copy of Psyba-Rats #1
3. "Remember, you are bidding on a copy Batman #1, the first appearance of Batman. I don't know much about comics, but this is a #1."
2. Question for Swamp Thing: "Are you glad you left Vertigo?"
And the #1 thing people are saying about DC's bold new initiatives?
1. My time machine's working. I just landed in 1993!
[Artwork: DC's Relaunched Heroes, © DC Comics]
© Gear Live Media, LLC. 2007 – User-posted content, unless source is quoted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Public Domain License. Gear Live graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, videos, articles, blogs, forums, scripts and other service names are the trademarks of Gear Live Inc.