- STICKY POST
- I'm done, close this
Enter Our Ultimate Summer Tech Giveaway!
That’s right - we are giving away a Summer Tech Package that includes a high-tech Fuego Element grill, Monster Superstar Backfloat waterproof speaker, and a mobile charging bank from iFrogz! Head on over to our giveaway page in order to enter. Good luck!
Tuesday October 16, 2012 4:01 pm
Back To…Back To The Future!
“I need 1.21 gigawatts of electricity!”
If that calls up images of Marty McFly, Doc Brown, DeLorean time machines and the Enchantment Under The Sea dance in your brain, then you’re a fan of Back To The Future, the time-traveling trilogy starring Michael J. Fox and Christopher Lloyd.
And if you are a fan, you’re definitely going to want A Matter of Time: The Unauthorized Back to the Future Lexicon from Hasslein Books and author Rich Handley.
The massive book ships in November, but you can pre-order it from the official website.
According to Handley, his lexicon “brings fans the entire franchise: every character, place and object ever featured in the BTTF mythos, from not only the films, but also the screenplays, cartoons, novels, video games, card game, amusement-park ride, music videos and more.”
Read More | Hasslein Books
Handley’s applied his extensive skills in the past to Planet of the Apes, creating Timeline of the Planet of the Apes: The Definitive Unauthorized Chronology and Lexicon of the Planet of the Apes: The Comprehensive Unauthorized Encyclopedia, so he knows how to pull these things together into essential volumes.
He scours tons of sources and finds out stuff you wanted to know but never knew existed.
Here's a sample of what awaits you in A Matter of Time:
• Nearly 3,000 alphabetical entries detailing every character, scientific innovation, institution, location, vehicle, business and more, from every corner of the BTTF universe
• A stunning painted cover and more than 25 breathtaking, full-page interior sketches from artist Pat Carbajal, produced exclusively for this volume
• A nostalgic and informative foreword by BTTF.com's Stephen Clark, a noted expert on the Back to the Future mythos
• Detailed listings of Doc Brown's many inventions, as well as all known ancestors, descendants and aliases for every major character (and even some minor ones) from the film trilogy
• An episode guide to Back to the Future's entire expanded universe—the movies are just the beginning
• A gallery featuring more than 150 covers spanning three decades, from the films' home-video releases, as well as novels, comics, video games and more
If you’re a fan, you absolutely can’t go wrong.
Well played, Mr. Handley. Well played.
[Artwork: A Matter Of Time]
- Related Tags:
- a matter of time, back to the future, christopher lloyd, hasslein books, michael j fox, movies, rich handley
© Gear Live Media, LLC. 2007 – User-posted content, unless source is quoted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Public Domain License. Gear Live graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, videos, articles, blogs, forums, scripts and other service names are the trademarks of Gear Live Inc.